To all our valued clients,
The health and wellbeing of our clients, their pets, our staff and the community is always our top priority, so we would like to provide you with an update on how to safely access our animal health services during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak and what you can do to help us minimise the risk of transmission.
- We politely ask that anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days, or who is feeling unwell with cold or flu-like symptoms, please refrain from coming into the clinic and call us to discuss concerns regarding their pet’s health.
- We ask that anyone who has been in direct contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case also call ahead to discuss their pet’s visit. We will either arrange an alternate appointment date or ask that another person brings your pet to see us. In some cases, we can organise a consultation via phone.
- If you are not comfortable coming into the clinic, please call and speak with one of our nursing team who will be able to work out the best way for us to see to your pet.
- If required, please ensure that you are stocked with at least two weeks worth of medication. Call us if you need more, so we can arrange this for you.
- To minimise the risk of transmission, if possible, please limit the number of people coming in with a pet (or pets) to one person per visit.
We have also had some queries about pets and COVID-19 we would like to address:
- There is currently no evidence to suggest that dogs and cats can spread COVID-19 or that they can become sick from it.
- The primary source of transmission of COVID-19 remains human-to-human contact, which is why handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick.
- Cats and dogs do have their own form of coronavirus, but it cannot be transmitted to humans.
- You should, however, always wash your hands before and after handling your pets or their food, which can help prevent other pet-related illness from spreading.
Thank you for your support during this uncertain time. Stay safe and look after each other.
Kallangur Veterinary Surgery are your local pet care specialists, serving pet owners in Kallangur, Petrie, Murrumba Downs, and surrounds with high-quality health care, expert advice and specialist reproduction services.
We’re your local experts in canine reproduction (theriogenology), offering breeding assessments, semen freezing, ovulation timing, artificial insemination, and other services.
Health Care Services
Keep your pet happy and healthy with our full range of health care services, including vaccinations, dentistry, microchipping, parasite control and general consultations.
We are fully equiped with the latest technology for all types of pet surgery, including desexing, soft tissue and elective caesareans.
Ask a question
1474 Anzac Ave, Kallangur, QLD 4503
(opposite Woolworths and Red Rooster)
First time my dog hasn't been terrified and defensive of someone new and inside a vet. Highly recommend.
Highly recommend. Amazing staff, very friendly and knowledgable.
Fantastic service. Friendly, caring staff. Will definitely be back. Thank you for looking after our pooch
Great service for our family's lil furry friend, friendly staff.